Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Faith. Hope. Love.

I'm not sure where your heart lies, whether you believe in God or not but I know who my Savior is...and I try everyday to live a life He would be proud of. It's been a battle for years because I know right from wrong but some days are just harder than most.

But lately, I would say in the past year to be honest... I can FEEL God's love and guidance more than I ever have. It's crazy. And beautiful. As sure as I am where my heart lays, I find that many more people try to watch my every move, trying to point out the mistakes I've made. But that's the great thing about Christianity.  God KNOWS we aren't perfect. That's why He sent His Son to die on the cross for US. 

I am going to think and say things I probably shouldn't. And you will too. But it's your actions AFTERWARDS that make a difference. I don't know how many times I've put my foot in my mouth, knowing I said the wrong thing, and I usually regret it afterwards and ask God to forgive me.

For those of you struggling out there, don't doubt your heart by what you hear. YOU know you are loved. YOU know that God is the one we will answer to and it's His forgiveness that matters. And don't be afraid to be yourself. Don't hide who you are because you are afraid of what people will say or think. If you lose friends in the process, it's in God's plan for you. True friends will come along. Friends who don't bring you down. Friends who will help you grow. And who value who you are. Who love you like God loves you.

Life isn't perfect, we are going to get hurt. But it is up to you to get up. Dust your shoulders off. And keep focusing on you. Stay classy. Don't seek revenge. The greatest reward is knowing you didn't give in and lower yourself to their level. 

xoxo
Ashley


1 comment: